Saturday, April 28, 2012

First Big Milestone

Today was a huge milestone for us. We reached our first 100 miles!!! We are camping out at a place called Barrel Springs. The entire day we were imagining this oasis of water located in the middle of a mountain with the freshest water ever. Joke was on us because we pulled up next to a disgusting water trough that had signs posted everywhere indicating that the water was contaminated with rotting rodent carcass. Yuuuummmmm!!! So disheartening after walking 13 miles on these bad boys:



Yes...thats the entire tip of my toe hanging on to dear life. There's a good chance I may have to amputate my pinky.The left ones starting to do the same thing. Yowzers! Not sure you can really tell from this photo but i have a blister that formed in between my big toe and the one next to it. Unbeknownst to me, it had rapidly grown throughout todays hike. The next thing I know, i feel this giant squish in between my toes and realized what had happened. The blister had exploded. It felt like i had been running around in the grass bare foot and stepped on a giant mound of dog poo (and im sure at least one of you know how that feels). It was a very weird sensation. Other than the feet situation I am feeling great! I can feel my body whipping into shape more and more each day.

If anyone wants a postcard send me your address! I had some written down but forgot them at home. Typical.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I can't even tell what's going on here. Is your pinky growing a white hairy fungus?
    I hope you're not in too much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want postcards! We miss you so much!(ps this is your cuzzo Amanda) 16355 Norman Rd. Culpeper va 22701
    Love you!
    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete